Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Healthy, low fat pizza is possible!

So obviously I try to fill up most of my diet with dark leafy greens and keep the carbs/fats at a minimum. But I will always absolutely love pizza. Fortunately me and my mother were able to find a way to enjoy pizza without the guilt of all the fat and carbs that your average slice of pizza has. Oh, and it still tastes really good.

                                    I think this is proof of how good it is.

                   So what we use can all be purchased at your local health food store.
        Middle East Bakery wheat flour pitas. We get them at Mrs. Green's in the bread isle, I'm sure they can be found in any other health food store as well. 
        One pita is only 70 calories!! When using them for a pizza, they're best when toasted.


         I know that almond cheese may sound a bit odd but it doesn't even taste like almonds, it tastes like a mild mozzarella cheese. This also can be found at Mrs. Green's or any other health food store. It can be bought in an 8 oz package and shred on a cheese grater.


       Other than the great taste, this is one of my favorite parts about this cheese:
        Cheese with only 50 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving is pretty miraculous in my opinion...
        Not only that but it also is a good source of protein and contains some fiber.

  
There isn't very specific instructions to making this, just toasting the pita, putting your favorite tomato sauce on, sprinkle the grated almond cheese on top, melt it and you have your own individual, healthy, low calorie, low fat pizza! 

                                          It does taste as good as it looks.

1 comment:

  1. some experts cast doubt on the idea that pizza consumption was the explanation for why some people did not develop cancer.

    http://www.oliviapizza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete