Thursday, August 2, 2012

Healthy chocolate chip cookies!



I have always had a weakness for chocolate chip cookies, so it was so exciting to find a healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe that wasn't loaded with white flour, white sugar, eggs or butter. I kid you not, they were the best tasting chocolate chip cookies I have ever had.




The ingredients were really quite simple as well as making them.


Those are just about all the ingredients I used, only one missing is the low-fat vanilla soy milk.


Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup oat flour (140g) 
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 4 tbsp coconut sugar (or Sucanat)
  • 4 tbsp more coconut sugar is what I did instead of xylitol 
  • 3 tbsp to 1/2 cup chocolate chips 
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
  • 3-5 tbsp milk of choice, as needed. (I used low-fat vanilla soy milk)
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and then add in the wet ingredients. Mix very well. Then put into tiny balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes. I was able to make about 15 good sized cookies with this recipe, I probably would have been able to make more if I didn't eat so much of the batter. :D


You will not regret making these at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment