Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Victorious vegan alternatives to the usuals

Thought it would be helpful to post some of my favorite vegan store-bought foods. It can be hit or miss with some of the options out there. These are a few that have made being vegan incredibly easy. Not saying that they are all extremely healthy necessarily, just that they are delicious vegan substitutes. :-)



DAIYA CHEESE kinda had to be number one. It might not be THE healthiest thing because it's a bit high in fat...but it's SO good. There is seriously no need for real cheese if you have this. It's so hard to believe it's dairy-free.



   
Boca Burgers. Perfect replacement for beef burgers. They are also incredibly high in protein and iron, so you are still getting those two nutrients with no saturated fat, cancer causing agents, and nobody had to die for your meal. 



    I always had a really hard time giving up milk, especially when I was having something chocolate. I wasn't able to eat chocolate without my milk to drink it down with. The vanilla flavor is super sweet, the original is much less sweet and I enjoy it much better. I can't drink something sweet when eating something sweet, don't know why. It also has 50% more calcium than cow's milk which is awesome.



   I actually prefer this butter over regular butter. Again, not something you want to eat in unlimited quantities, but it IS a vegan substitute. It's just one more animal product eliminated and tastes great.




   These are shockingly low in fat! 1.5 g of fat in one and high in protein. They are slightly spicy, but not intensely.  Another burger alternative that I love.



So Delicious Dairy Free makes so many incredible products. This has to be one of my favorites because coffee is just such a necessity in my life right now and it makes my coffee delicious. Their hazelnut flavor is really good too.





 It's so incredible that there is now an almond milk yogurt! It has all of the same beneficial probiotics and live cultures as dairy yogurt does. There's so many flavors too. Blueberry, strawberry, vanilla, peach, etc. One of Grace's personal favorites.




  These are SO good with pancakes in the morning. Out of all the vegan sausage-like options, this is the best in my opinion. 



                                Dairy free chocolate...enough said. This is my preferred brand.



Chocolate peanut butter swirl ice cream. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment